After an extensive analysis of student data for every public school and district in California, Glendora High School, Sandburg Middle School, La Fetra Elementary School, and Stanton Elementary School have been selected as 2018-2019 Honor Roll Schools! Educational Results Partnership (ERP) and the Campaign for Business and Education Excellence (CBEE) recognizes schools and school districts that have demonstrated consistent high levels of student academic achievement, improvement in achievement levels over time, and a reduction in achievement gaps among student populations.
These schools have been identified as clear leaders in getting students to grade-level and beyond. They will be recognized in the press as a leader in student achievement and will be provided with a banner to display at their offices. Also, they will feature GUSD on the Educational Results Partnership (ERP) and the Campaign for Business and Education Excellence (CBEE) website where educators, district leaders, and policymakers can seek out high-performing schools and districts so that they can replicate success.
Through national research, they have identified a common set of success factors in higher-performing Honor Roll schools and districts. These include clear, specific learning objectives aligned to college and career readiness, along with:
- Evidence-based instructional practices
- A defined system-wide mission of college and career readiness for all students
- An investment in human capital
- Maintenance of data and assessment systems to monitor school and student performance
- Resources and guidance to support schools' efforts in preparing all students for college and career